Tesla1856
6 Gallium

Re: Should I replace my Hard Drive?

You don't want the HDD/SSD Hybrid nonsense. I think I would also pass on the m-sata form-factor also. That form-factor has been depreciated. Those older drives are likely rare and expensive.

like  says, just install a normal 2.5inch SATA-3 SSD. They are common and adequate capacities are even very affordable these days. They are also more reliable than old-school mechanical spinning drives. It will likely out-live the laptop.

You can Image Backup with Macrium Reflect (free) and bare-metal restore. Or, just clean-install Windows-10/64bit, re-install main apps, and selectively restore data. Explore my Bookmarked threads for tips.

Once you get rid of that lame Intel-RST raid-cache stuff, and get Windows naively booting-from and running-from on a real SSD ... the machine will be so much faster. Likely faster than when it was new.

If you already have 8gb or more, I would not mess with RAM upgrade. Save your money for next laptop.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos