Zheldon
1 Nickel

Great Experience Until video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

I have really enjoyed my Alienware M17x R4.  It has been great for gaming and normal usage.

Recently I have been getting the lovely Blue Screen of Death citing the error video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error while gaming.  In fact what normally happens is that I crash out of the game with the message that the application was blocked from accessing the graphics hardware.

0 Kudos

RE: Great Experience Until video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

Hi, 

Have you already tried reinstalling the video card drivers? If not, try reinstalling both the Intel and the NVidia/AMD drivers. Do one at a time and start with the Intel driver. You can download the drivers from the Dell support site. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Zheldon
1 Nickel

RE: Great Experience Until video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this post.  It kept slipping my mind.

I did try installing the latest drivers.  In fact the NVidia GeForce experience is set to check for updates.  I also used the Intel Driver Update Utility to update my Intel stuff.

I will still get a VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and the machine will reboot itself.  If it doesn't reboot I have to hard reboot it as it is no longer responsive.

0 Kudos