Re: XPS 8930 or Aurora R7 selection advice
1. Another concern is the PSU. The standard PSU is only 460W. The load on the PSU as a percentage of the total power rating would be quite high, degrading the components in the PSU and causing premature failure.
2. Does anyone think that I am overly conservative in this respect
3. should I spring for the 850W unit with liquid cooling
1. Exactly. Not many people understand this. I tell everyone that asks before hand to get the 850w Power Supply. If it only ever runs at 50% utilization, that is excellent.
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Gaming when I'm not programming.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.