Re: Alienware Aurora R7 Replacing HDD with SSD
My system came with a 2TB HDD drive. I am only using 120GB on it. I want to buy a 500GB SSD to replace this with.
For an Aurora-R7 you have the option to go with a M.2/PCIe/NVMe SSD instead . It's even faster but maybe more expensive than a 2.5inch SATA SSD, and a maybe a little trickier to get working.
Ballpark read Speeds:
Spinning HDD: 100
2.5inch SATA-3/600 SSD: 500
M.2/PCIe/NVMe SSD: 3000
If you have a question, feel free to ask, but it might be quicker to consult the documentation, forums, or tech-support for the Cloning/Imaging software you are using.
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.