DaanKroonen
1 Nickel

Alienware 15 r3 boot-up and sleep issues

Hi,

I just did a clean up on my laptop. After this I noticed that every time I put my laptop to sleep it was shut down completely. So when I close the lid and then turn it back on this is what happends. It boots up, the fans start kicking in. Then I hear 2 ticks (I think from hard drive). and then it takes like 15 - 30 seconds and then I would be able to log in. And when I am logged in everything I had open like a browser was closed (Like after a complete shut down). I don't know how to fix this or if there even is a fix. I just really hope it doesn't have anything to do with my hard drive.

Please someone help.

Edit:

I just booted up my laptop and it kept doing a scan while the boot then it would restart, and do it over again for like half a hour. I launched in safe mode, restarted and then it finally booted up again.

Specs:

CPU: i7 7820HK (2.90 GHZ)

GPU: 1070 (8gb)

RAM: 32GB

<ADMIN NOTE: Private data removed as per the Terms of Use>

0 Kudos

Re: Alienware 15 r3 boot-up and sleep issues

Hi @DaanKroonen!

We are sorry to hear about your problem. Let's try doing a diagnostic/ePSA test in your system to verify that your hard drive works fine. Watch this video and follow the steps.

Also, let's try with a CPU stress test:

1. Download and install any temperature monitoring tool such as HWiNFO64or RealTemp
  2. Open the app once it is installed
  3. Open Support Assist
  • Click on Start
  • Type Support Assist 
  • Support Assist Icon should come up, click on it 
  • If Support Assist is not installed on your system Click Here and follow the On-Screen Instructions
  1. Click on Checkup
  2. Click on Scan a Specific Device
  3. Scroll Down to System Device
  4. Click on CPU
  5. Select CPU Stress Test and click Run Test

Please reply to me in a private message with your findings, and include your Service Tag. I removed it from your post since that is private information, and we rather you not share that type of info in a public thread.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Tammy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo