dizzydwindle
1 Nickel

Alienware 17 R3 i7-6700 Mouse / Wireless Mouse not Working

Hi,

The USB mouse and wireless mouse does not function.  I have reinstalled windows 10 twice in the last week.  I have updated all the drivers on the laptop from Dell.com.  Everything seems functional, EXCEPT for the mouse.  The USB 3.0 ports do in fact read USB drives, however the mouse does not work.  I have to use the touch pad which does work. I edit videos, so I need the mouse obviously.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I have removed the battery for whatever its worth just to try simple things, and its as if the blue tooth does not exist on my machine.  It does however pick up other blue tooth devices, but when I search for blue tooth settings, its as if blue tooth doent exist.  Could it be the WiFi card is toast?  Please help if you have advice. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Alienware 17 R3 i7-6700 Mouse / Wireless Mouse not Worki

Have you tried the mouse on another computer. I want to make sure I understand. So you have tried a wired USB mouse and it does not work correct? And is the wireless mouse USB or Bluetooth, as that was a bit confusing? If it is a wireless USB mouse, have you removed the dongle, turned off the mouse switch, reinserted the dongle, then turned on the mouse switch?

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
dizzydwindle
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware 17 R3 i7-6700 Mouse / Wireless Mouse not Worki

Hi,

Yes I have tried both the wireless mouse and a corded mouse on my Alienware, and it does not work.  Also, both mice work on other laptops.  I meant wireless mouse (not blue tooth) in my posting.  When the corded or wireless mouse is connected to the Alienware, it is as if nothing is there as it does not pick up the mouse(s) at all.  I have removed the dongle, checked the batteries, etc.  I have tried three wireless mouse(s) and one corded, and each of these work on other laptops, but not on the aleinware.  It's bizarre because my alienware has been reset many times and this has never happened until beginning of December. 

Also, in device manger, under mouse (mice), I can only see the touchpad.  In other words, there is no option for a mouse, and all the drivers have been updated to the latest specs.  Could this be the WiFi card needs to be replaced? Or some hardware may need to get replaced?

0 Kudos