17 R5, AWCC doesn't work

So I have the latest Windows 10 updates (1809), the latest Dell and Alienware drivers for everything, latest graphics drivers, latest BIOS...

However, the AWCC (Alienware Command Center) seems to break after an update yesterday (not sure what version it was) and the AlienFX entirely doesn't load or work, all the lights on laptop stuck on light blue. Essentially, the following happens:

AWCC only loads the Library and Fusion tabs

The Fusion tab sits in a "loading" state forever and if you click on the Temperature or the Power buttons, AWCC entirely crashes with no error message or popup

The keyboard and all side lights load up but I cannot change or enable/disable them, even with keyboard buttons. It stays permanently on light blue.

Tried to install all versions from Dell's AWCC driver website, nothing helps. Think it is not a hardware fault because through installation the lights changes in rainbow for a few seconds.

Waiting for help, have no more strength trying to fix this issue... 😥

0 Kudos

Re: 17 R5, AWCC doesn't work

Hi @Algirdas.Benetis,

Try a system restore back to a date before the update. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

@Alienware-Eimy

Already deleted old Windows folder. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Bluefisj
1 Copper

I got the same problem. I had to reset my computer after that update. AWCC could not connect to internet so I could not overclock my cpu. -Alienware 17 R5

0 Kudos
DougalAW
1 Nickel

Did you try to reinstall the Alienware OC Controls after updating AWCC? The current version of AWCC seems to need the latest OC Controls package to work properly. Latest version should be available in Drivers & Downloads on the support page for your system.

0 Kudos

SOLVED! The only solution to this is to make factory reset through boot options in SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools. Only the partition with operating system will be formatted. Clean install of Windows 1809 works without visible issues, however SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools finds a problem with 1809 build while testing the system.
Jimmy7794
1 Copper

Can you help me? Mine doesn't work now. I don't understand how to fix this. Do you have any videos to fix it ? Now i got the problem too.

0 Kudos
Jimmy7794
1 Copper

Do you have a review video? I dont know how to fix my m17 r5 :/
0 Kudos

Hi @Jimmy7794 

Can you give us a better explanation of what the issue is and how it started?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Jimmy7794
1 Copper

My problem is , After i update the AWCC newest at 28/29 March 2019, My AWCC cant open , and when i open it, its say that AlienFX error , and i cant customize my keyboard and all lights effect.
0 Kudos