RE: I am severing all ties of a 15+yr relationship with Dell unless....

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board and bringing your concerns to my attention. Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered in attempting to resolve your concerns. While this board is for non-technical issues, I was able to find the following information regarding the Supported Operating Systems​. 

Your XPS 15 L502X supports these operating systems:

BIOS
Windows 8, 64-bit
Windows 7, 64-bit

Note regarding operating systems not listed above: Dell may not support an operating system for various reasons, including discontinued support from the software vendor or lack of availability with certain products.

Dell’s Product Team chose which systems would be supported with Windows 10. As I am not technically inclined, I can only speculate why they made the decisions they did in regards to which systems to support. Once a system surpasses 4 years, it becomes harder to find parts for repairs, and technological advances make many older systems unable to compete with newer technology. Perhaps that played a role in their decision.

It's genuinely sad to lose a longtime, loyal customer, no matter the reason. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused. We strive to provide a great purchase experience for all of our customers. I regret we missed the mark in your case.

I trust this information is helpful. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Thanks,
Lorna

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos