I'm trying to setup OME in our Windows domain, but cannot work out why the email alerts are not working. These are the steps I have carried out so far:
- Installed OME v22.214.171.1242 on a Dell PowerEdge R210 II server running Windows Server 2012 R2
- Installed OMSA v8.1.0 on a Dell PowerEdge R720xd server running Windows Server 2012 R2
- On the OMSA server, made sure SNMP Traps are enabled for all alert types & under Alert Actions, enabled Alert on Console & Broadcast Message. Also Enabled Platform Event Filter Alerts
- Enabled SNMP on both servers and set the Community to a unique name & followed the instructions on the 'Initial Setup' article on the OME itself (Do I need to enable 'Send Authentication Trap on the OMSA server?)
- On the OME server setup the email alert settings & for testing purposes, configured it to email alerts for all devices & categories
- Enabled Network Discovery on both servers and made sure Network Discovery & SNMP Service & Traps are set as allowed apps on the Windows Firewall
- I have sent a test email message from the OMSA server and it arrives to the designated mailbox
I can see alerts when I go to Manage -> Alerts on the OME server for the OMSA server, but no emails get received from the system.
What am I missing?
Solved! Go to Solution.