hartings
1 Copper

Help Vista Roxio Sonic Dell burning issues!

First I must say this website is very difficult to use!

Now the problem!

I have spent over a week now trying to resolve a problem!  Here it is and before I get started I must say I have discussed this in detail with Roxio (the product was installed at time of purchase and is not a full version) - tried to get somewhere with Vista and they just send me back to Dell (support for products installed in computers at the time of purchase is provided by the manufacturer).

So here I am at Dell only to find out I have to pay to email for support help or the online chat  is not currently online and I have to pay to use that as well and if I call i have to pay for that service too!  for asmuch as I paid for my Dell computer/s I would think there would be better customer service/support!

So if anyone has experienced this problem and can help - I need HELP!!!

I have a Dell Desktop Inspirion 530

Using Vista 32 (service pack 1 installed)

Using Sonic Roxio Easy Creator 9 (Dell version - not full version - which i jsut found out from Roxio/Sonic)

Have a Optiarc DVD +-RW AD-5170S ATA drive

All of these were installed in my computer at the time of purchase just a few months ago - yes this is a brand new computer that I am already having problems with just trying to do basic computing!

I am attempting to copy some photos to CD or DVD to give to my daughter for Christmas!

I have tried several brands of DVD's - Verbatum, Maxell and others and have used approx 37 DVD's in aan attempt to solve the problem which have now become coasters and are very costly.  Yes I have tried both + and -

I have cleaned the computer - now dust free and wiped and cleaned brand new CD's and DVD's to make them dust and fingerprint free (as it suggested in the error message)

And for some reason it will allow me to make a DVD Video - just not a DATA disc. (which tells me the DVD drive is working)

I have tried both LIVE and Mastered formats.

And the bottom line is I cannot format disks - if it asks me to in order to copy data and I get error messages every time I attempt a copy!

I even found an atricle from Dell "Technical Support for Inspirion Desktop 530 - Microsoft Windows Vista reports Sonic or Roxio Software as Incompatible" and i attempted to do as it directed - the problem is it states "under Programs click UNINSTALL A PROGRAM and then highlight DRAG-TO-DISC - Problem is ther is NO Drag-to-Disc to highlight!

So this is doing me no good and when I discussed it with Roxio they told me I do not have the full program - I have Dell's customized version!

so i am back to Dell -

My errors when attempting to use the Roxio program are:

There was a problem burning disc - it gets 97% complete - burning image 99% complete and then acts as if it won't close the disc. and presto - ERROR

Another error I have received is - failed to start the image writing operation - Error  while burning image! This is after it is 97% overall complet as well!

Wont copy to CD either!

If I try to bypass Roxio and just highlight my photos and click "burn" - more ERRORS

And if it asks me to format my discs for some reason - I get "unable to format disc"

Is anyone familier with this problem? do you have any suggestions?  If I delete the Roxio program would this help and then I suppose i will have to pay for a new program?  When I delete Roxio do I delet all roxio programs installed?

HELP HELP HELP!

0 Kudos