CarlBrak
1 Copper

Re: Can't get DVD burner to burn

Try

1. Click Start, click Run, type Services.msc, and then click OK.
  2. Locate the Removable Storage service (IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service) in the Services console.
  3. Double-click Removable Storage service. In the Startup type box, click Manual.
  4. Click Apply, and then click OK.

Also look in the left column to see if there is a hyperlink showing Stop the service Restart the service.  Sometimes this just hit start or restart the service. 

If that doesn't work.  Try:

1. Right click on My Computer and select the Manage option.

2. Expand Storage, then expand Removable Storage

At that point, I have been getting an error that I haven't been able to resolve.  You may also have it:

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Removable Storage

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.  This snapin’s display may be inconsistent with the Removable Storage Service.  If the persists please restart the snapin.

0 Kudos