Re: Dell Studio 15 Laptop Disk Drive not working issue
I have the same laptop and I've had the same problem. I've found a solution:
What actually happens
The hardware gets disabled. I'm not sure how or when this happens, but I'm guessing it's some power-saving feature that doesn't reverse itself.
How to fix it
- Open Device Manager. Easiest way is to click the start button, type "Device Manager" and press enter
- Expand 'DVD/CD-ROM drives'. Do this by clicking on the Triangle next to the words.
- Identify your DVD ROM and double click on it. Mine is called "TSSTcorp DVD+-RW ...". The properties window will open.
- Select the 'Driver' tab.
- Click the 'Enable' button. (2nd from bottom of the list of buttons)
- Click OK. Your drive should work now. Hopefully it started up with a triumphant 'whuuzzzzzz'
I Hope this helps.