Jon57
1 Nickel

Duo blue screening

I
have an Inspiron Duo with an 320 GB Hitachi drive. The system began reporting a bad controller driver. I ran the diagnostics several times and it never saw a
problem with the drive. Finally, I gave up since I could not keep the machine booted for more than 5 minutes I decided to reinstall from the drive. Note I
don't have a separate DVD for the reinstall. I am now getting a different error. I am getting a blue screen stop code of 0x0000007b (0x80786b58,
0xc0000000d, 0x000000000, 0x00000000).  I have run the diagnostics repeatedly and never gotten an error.  I have done the Regedit and checked the two
places Microsoft said to look for issues (iaStorV and msahci).  I have verified that the BIOS is set to AHCI I have tried the toggling it to ATA and back without a fix, but I did get a slightly different error.  I have run the fixboot, fixmbr, and rebuildBCD.  The automated repair fails for what it is worth reporting a failure in setup.  Is this a controller issue or am I looking at replacing the drive?  Any other ideas of what I need to look at or work on?

0 Kudos