7 Plutonium

RE: Question about replacing Inspiron 530 MOBO

Oh, sorry, i forgot to post my specs, I have an Antec Earthwatts 500w PSU because I bought an HD 4580 years ago, I'm not very computer savvy so I'm not entirely sure if 500 will be more than enough for the MOBO plus all the other upgrades I've got planned(quad core cpu, 8gb ddr2 ram, a gtx 750 ti). I know at this point it would be better to just to buy the parts and build a whole new computer but it seems cheaper to me  to spend 200 bucks for upgrades that will probably last me another decade of gaming, anyways thank you for your reply, so basically whether i buy one of these www.discountelectronics.com/.../ or this one www.amazon.com/.../B00GHUTZHQ i should be safe, right?

Seth Valentine"

Either of the Dell FM586 RN474 GN723/G33M03 motherboards shown would be fine, take your pick, as both vendors are excellent.

But, regards to "to spend 200 bucks for upgrades that will probably last me another decade of gaming", computers are being improved almost daily by manufacturers and new software is continually being published, I think that any computer lasting 10 years for gaming, is overly optimistic.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell