Meroveus
1 Copper

Dell XPS 8900 Windows 7 and latest BIOS Update Computer Does Not Boot Windows

I bought a Dell XPS 8900 about a year ago and have had 0 issues with the setup. Tonight, the SupportAssist Dell App popped up saying my system needed critical system updates. Listed was a BIOS update (don't recall the version number). I let it install and update the BIOS but now my computer goes from the black and white DELL logo screen to a support assist white screen that appears because I have removed a fan in order to install a Radeon Fury X. I usually have to hit escape from that screen to load windows but instead the boot process starts all over again and I go back to the black and white DELL logo screen and the process stays in this endless loop. I have loaded the BIOS options and it says 2.1.10 as the BIOS version. I have tried to both use BIOS restore and Downgrade BIOS but nothing works and my system refuses to boot Windows. Is there an older BIOS version I can manually flash to correct this issue? I have had no issues with anything prior to updating the BIOS so can only assume that is the culprit. Perhaps an incorrect or corrupt BIOS upgrade? I let the computer do its thing and had no power outage, <profanity> thing just refuses to boot Windows. I cannot even get safe mode to come up (if I am using the proper keyboard command that is).

0 Kudos