erdalg
1 Nickel

Optiplex 9010 Intel Management Engine BIOS Extension (MEBx) option disappears after selecting from BIOS.

Hi All, 

Tried to find a similar issue in the forums first. Forgive me if I this is a repeat afterall. 

I got an Optiplex 9010 I7-3770 SFF (VPro) used desktop recently to put into my cloud in the lab. Normally I simply check the cover again (AMT #1) and move on with the MBEx selection after F12 during boot. This one is not working as expected. Here is the sequence of events:

1. Power on the computer and F12 to get the boot options/list. 

2. I can see the Intel Management Engine BIOS Extensions option there. I select and press ENTER. 

3. Screen disappears, but comes back now "without" the Intel Management Engine BIOS Extensions option! At the top is states that "Note, some options have been removed as they are no longer valid.".

I have not seen this before. IF it is disabled, why show it... 

But in any case, the question I have is, how can I get this option to work so I can provision this box using Intel AMT/MBEx settings. The machine is enabled for MBEx (AMT #1 on the inside chasis cover). 

The BIOS revision for this box is A14. I may need to update it as well. Though I am going to wait for any responses before doing so. 

Thank you all. 

0 Kudos