OscarBlanco
1 Nickel

Video card upgrade for XPS 8700 i3

Hello people.

I'm not tech savvy.

So I can't really know about that PCI 2.0 or 3.0 stuff, or what PSU W my computer has.

All I know, is that even though I love it, and it's never failed me, it's falling a little short now for some stuff, for instance: gaming.

So, I was thinking a video card upgrade was in order, before I actually get to the point where I have to just get a new CPU. Right now, I can't afford it, so video upgrade sounds like the best option.

Anyway, everything in the box is factory original. I know it's an i5 and it has 8GB of ram. A 1 TB drive. And it's still running win 8.1 64bits (I'm not convinced yet about Win 10).

If I go to a place like amazon, I get overwhelmed with video card options, and it's just impossible to know what will actually work.
I have read stuff about PSU, and PCI, that's why I mentioned it, but honestly, I wouldn't know what actually works.

I'm  hoping to find something under $200, with (hopefully) 4GB of ram? 
I edit video and do 3d from time to time, and as mentioned above, game.

Most of my work is in Photoshop and other design apps.

I run dual monitors, so a dual display card would be awesome, hopefully in the same type of analog or digital connection (for balanced color display purposes).

So... any ideas? I'm being very specific, but I think that's a good thing, right?

Anyway, thanks for any help! I'm hoping I can get at least one more year out of this GREAT computer!

I found this one, which looks awesome, but I think it requires more power than what the CPU has? 
www.amazon.com/.../ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

0 Kudos