varmatev
1 Nickel

RE: Precision T3500 and PCIe x16 graphics card, Windows 10 x64bit

Thank you for your response.

I had AMD Radeon R7 200 graphics card in the blue PCIe x16 slot working fine just before I upgraded to Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti.

When I upgraded to Windows 10 over a year ago I had trouble with Windows 10 auto-updating the driver resulting in a blank screen and frozen computer in the middle of installation, but the AMD card was working fine with one of the older drivers and I never tried the AMD card in the second (black) PCIe x16 slot.

It is possible that Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti will work fine in the blue slot with an older driver too, but I prefer the latest driver.

I know that some manufacturers make the blue PCIe x16 slot different than the other PCIe x16 slot and I found out that the motherboard is Dell P/N 9KPNV, but I could not find a manual for this motherboard to check the differences.

I will check the pins in the blue slot when I have a chance.

P.S. Now I recall that I had problems updating to the latest driver on Windows 7 x64 when I had factory installed Nvidia Quadro FX card in the blue slot, and this makes me think that something is different with that blue slot.

0 Kudos