TomJones75
1 Nickel

Re: Keyboard failure

To the person posting above me, please explain how you are suppose to get into the BIOS if the keyboard does not work and the PC only has USB ports, so PS/2 is not an option...

Anyways, I have the same issue on a dimension 9150, I have heard that this works:

-Unplug the computer and disconnect all devices.

-Press and hold power button for 10 seconds to drain the capacitor to prevent electrical shock.

-Open computer case and locate the 3 pin jumper block (located next to the 4 SATA harddrive connection points on the motherboard). The jumper is blue and will be connected to two of the three pins on the motherboard.

-Remove the jumper block for a second (apparently this clears the memory?) then reconnect it back to it's original postion.

-Close it up and that should do it! The Dell tech guy said the memory was corrupted or looped and this procedure cleared it out.

But I have done this and now I have the following error on top of the Keyboard failure:

"Floppy diskette seek failure

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility."

Whomever thought to build these dells withour PS/2 ports needs to be smacked in the face.

The bios can be accessed before the keyboard failure. The last Dell XPS 400 I repaired showed the keyboard failure after the bios post

0 Kudos