Vostro 200 - No Sound

I had a Malware issue that wouldn't go away so I re-formatted the hard drive and reinstalled all disks that came with the PC including the drivers.  I installed the Realtek ALC888 HD audio drivers for the integrated sound card but the sound doesn't work now.  Yes the speakers are plugged in and they work fine.

When I look at the Device Manager, there is a big yellow question mark and a yellow circle with a exclamation point where it shows Other Devices/PCI Device.

The properties show:

Device type: Other Devices

Manufaturer: Unknown
Location PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0

Device Status:

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I have uninstalled and reinistalled the driver per the Driver Disk and by downloading from the Dell website six times.

If I boot the PC with the Dell Disk in the DVD/CDRW and perform diagnostic tests, the sound works fine for sound and left and right speaker, but them I get the following three error codes:

1B63:0F1B

1B63:151B
1B63:101B

When I boot to Windows each time, I get PCI device found, Windows can find no compatible drivers.  There are no other known device issues, not operating issues.

I am running XP SP3, and I have a NetGear 1 gb network PCI card and a PNY Dual monitor video card with two 19" monitors.

Is it possible that I should have installed the audiop drivers before I installed the other two PCI cards?

0 Kudos