imageguru
1 Copper

Re: eSeries IRRT mode giving BSD's on XP (Sp1) (SP2) (Sp3) (Sysprep's)

Here are two methods to overcome the registry merge error.

1. Using notepad copy and paste the following entry including the Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 line at the top. In notepad choose save as and enter "irrt.reg" (you can call it what you want with .reg extension) using the quotation marks and select Unicode. I cannot explain why you must add the line or use Unicode but that’s the only way I could properly import the registry key.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_8086&dev_282a&cc_0104]
"ClassGUID"="{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"
"Service"="iaStor"

2. Click Start>Run type regedit. Right click on any key and choose export saving the file to the root of C: . Open the .reg file in notepad and remove ALL current entries in the file and paste the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_8086&dev_282a&cc_0104]
"ClassGUID"="{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"
"Service"="iaStor"

Click save in notepad. Right click on the new reg file and choose merge. Reboot go into the BIOS and select IRRT mode. When Windows XP restarts it will start detecting the new hardware. You can either point it to the extracted Intel Storage Matrix drivers OR you can click cancel and run the IATA89.EXE and let the program handle everything.

Not sure what your method of slipstreaming is but I have a love hate relationship with nLite. Its works well but gives an error on sysprep. It still works, but I always have an uncomfortable feeling with any error no matter how benign.

0 Kudos