jasonk1229
1 Copper

Ram Issue With replaced motherboard XPS 410

Greetings,

I just got a replacement motherboard for the XPS 410, previously I was running 2 x 1 GB 667MHz  ( stock in slots 1,3) and 2 x 2GB 800MHz Corsairs XMS-2 ( added to slots 2, 4) (Product Label CM2-X2048-6400C5C). It is 5-5-5-18 at 1.80 V, now after the replacement motherboard I either get a beeping noise if I try to change their configuration from what I had (ie the 2GB's to 1,3) or when I leave them in the configuration where they worked originally I get a black screen with a white cursor blinking. Now I am running windows 7 professional, I have updated the BIOS to 2.5.3, and run all the windows 7 updates. My system runs just fine with the stock 1GB sticks that came with the computer. I just got off the phone with tech support and they told me it was a hard drive problem, I cannot understand how this could be an issue but I am now writing to the forum since I was told I am not able to get support for Windows 7(which imo has nothing to do with the hardware issue).  Now I can say for certain that this system can run 6 GB of RAM and even if it cant why wouldnt just the 2GB sticks work. The only possibility that I have not tried would be updating my intel driver ( because of the lack of 7 support), would this have any effect on my issue?  I appreciate any input or insight anyone could give.

Jason

0 Kudos