Trish2307
Copper

Continuous Error Message: Dell Support Center Has Stopped Working

I have Windows V8ista on an Inspiron530s. Through out any operation I continue to get the following massage:

"Dell Support Center Has Stopped Working                                                                                                                                                  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  For several weeks I have tried to find the reason for getting the error message. It will appear in a little box several times an hour during any operation. (internet or document) I can find no answers in any forum. I have an HP all-in one printer that I uninstalled & reinstalled the software for at the suggestion of another, but that did not solve the problem.

AT THE SAME TIME: I have Trend Micro Internet Security,(aka PC-Cillion) and though the firewall & defenses are up, I can not get it to scan the computer for virusus. I have talked with Trend Mico Tech Support 4 times on the phone and various adjustments have been made, but thhas been no fix. They seem to think the problem is connected to this error message.  I am at wits end. Can someone help??  :?/

0 Kudos
Davet50
Diamond

Re: Continuous Error Message: Dell Support Center Has Stopped Working

Best advice would be to uninstall the DSS. As you are finding it causes more issues then it helps.  Go to Control panel Program and features and find the listing for Dell support Center and uninstall it. 

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

Trish2307
Copper

Thank you! As Goofy as it sounds, I did not realize that this was actually the name of a program!  It fixed the messages by removing it! The PC-Cillion still does not function properly, but I'll take that up with them...again.

Blessings to you!

Trish

0 Kudos
bev20024
Bronze

Hello! I also have this same issue. I did uninstall the Dell Support Center and I don't see it on my list of programs any longer. The message still comes up constantly. So I decided to reinstall the Support Center. I download the file and when I launch the .exe file, it asks if I want to check for an update. I say OK, and it says the software is up to date. What the heck has happened? This is VERY annoying. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
RoHe
Diamond

What happens if you don't say OK when it asks if you want to check for an update?

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
bev20024
Bronze

Hi Ron. No other option at all. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
RoHe
Diamond

Hmmm...

You didn't say what version of Windows this is, but open msconfig and click STARTUP tab. Look for and uncheck all entries for Dell Support Center. Exit msconfig and reboot.

Put a check in "don't show this again" box if it appears when you reboot.

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
bev20024
Bronze

Thanks Ron. Tried that, and message keeps appearing every 5 to 10 minutes. So annoying!

0 Kudos
RoHe
Diamond

Look in your Statup folder (Start>Programs>Startup) and see if anything related is there. If it is, drag it onto the desktop and then into the recycle bin

Not sure what else to tell you...

Maybe somebody else will have a solution.

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
bev20024
Bronze

Not there. You've been awesome, Ron. Thanks for all your help.

Ivy

0 Kudos