Trish2307
Copper

Continuous Error Message: Dell Support Center Has Stopped Working

I have Windows V8ista on an Inspiron530s. Through out any operation I continue to get the following massage:

"Dell Support Center Has Stopped Working                                                                                                                                                  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  For several weeks I have tried to find the reason for getting the error message. It will appear in a little box several times an hour during any operation. (internet or document) I can find no answers in any forum. I have an HP all-in one printer that I uninstalled & reinstalled the software for at the suggestion of another, but that did not solve the problem.

AT THE SAME TIME: I have Trend Micro Internet Security,(aka PC-Cillion) and though the firewall & defenses are up, I can not get it to scan the computer for virusus. I have talked with Trend Mico Tech Support 4 times on the phone and various adjustments have been made, but thhas been no fix. They seem to think the problem is connected to this error message.  I am at wits end. Can someone help??  :?/

0 Kudos