MUmc
1 Copper

Log on to desktop difficulty

Hello -

I am faced with a DELL 8400 desktop PC, running Windows XP.  This station was donated and is owned by the church I attend in our small rural community.  It has some unique aspects to it which the pastor wishes to take advantage of - namely media shout. Along with an LCD projector and sound system. 

My issue is I can only log onto the station as a user.  Someone set up the station with  administrative and limited user accounts.  "NO ONE" has or knows the administrative password - all of the elders and board members are not computer friendly. 

My question is how can I override the or log onto the station by side stepping the administrative account unknown password?  Is there a back door avenue which can be taken? or am I just vacillating in the matrix? hahahahaha

Any help  or suggestions are greatly and sincerely appreciated in advance.

Best regards,

Jim

Moran United Methodist Church

Moran, KS

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: Log on to desktop difficulty

The best thing I can tell you to do, is find out who donated it to the church. You will need to get the password from them.

Teddi

#Dell World 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017

0 Kudos
MUmc
1 Copper

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunatley getting any password from the donor is not an option - I have already attempted this request with no success.  suggestion?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I can`t  officially recommend that you use password cracking software. But you can look and decide for your self.

pcsupport.about.com/.../passrecovery.htm

Let me know how you make out. Good luck.

Teddi

#Dell World 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017

0 Kudos