07-24-2012 04:23 PM
Re: Dell Dimensions B110 will not turn on.
Welcome to the Dell Community.
I understand your concern. I would request you to try these steps pertaining to this issue.
The diagnostic lights indicate that the memory is not detected.
Please follow these steps.
- Disconnect all the cable connections including the power cord and devices connected to the computer.
- Once you have removed the computer cover, locate the CMOS battery (aka Coin cell Battery) and remove it.You can refer to the Dell manuals for descriptive view of installing and re-installing parts. http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim1100/en/SM/index.htm
- In the Dell Manuals, follow the Removing and installing parts for Battery.
- Once you have removed the battery, remove the all memory modules (if more than 1). Reconnect the Battery and then the memory module .
- If the system has more than 1 memory modules installed, you could also try 1 memory module at one of the 2 slots at a time and then try to turn on the computer
Please try these steps and let me know of the outcome
Thanks and Regards,