Xx360xX
1 Nickel

Upgrading Dell XPS 400 GPU? Will this work...

I am planning to upgrade my Dell XPS 400 desktop. I am not trying to make it into the latest and greatest machine on the block but I am trying to spruce it up with some new parts. I realize the motherboard limits how much better it could become, and restricts what CPUs and memory I can put in it. I would like to upgrade the graphics card tho while I figure out what else I would like to do. I am looking at the following GPU's, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.

Will all these graphics cards potentially work? I know the power supply would need to be upgraded but I am already planning on that. Depending on which card I would go for. Right now the system is pretty much 100% stock, came from the factory with the GeForce 7300 LE

The 980 seems a little to over the top, although I could transfer it into another build when the time comes. Im really just wondering if these cards can be compatible with the OE system given only changable components are the road block.

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

ATI Radeon HD 6770

Any opinions? The 960 seems like a decent choice.

0 Kudos