darthurbrown
1 Nickel

Re: A11 on Inspiron 1525 incompatible w/ Vista SP1?

Many users on these forums and others across the web have reported the same issue.  Searching for this issue, I stumbled across several similar threads on this forum alone, most of which simply led nowhere.  Many have called technical support on this issue.  Many have been told by Dell tech support to reformat drives, update different things, or disable the Microsoft Hi-Def Audio Codec, etc.  In many cases, the finger is pointed at Microsoft when the actual solution is not known.  Clearly, this problem has not yet been given the attention it deserves.

What really bothers me is that this is a very obvious problem.  We're not talking about some subtle detail with odd components.  This is a generic wireless card and sleep mode.  Users couldn't operate their 1525 for more than a few hours before noticing it, and yet Dell still managed to allow this configuration into production.

cts519
6 Indium

I've spent the better part of a week trying to fix this problem.

I bought this laptop at Best Buy and they have ZERO support for it.

Dell needs to get a solution out there ASAP!

Otherwise, this is my last Dell and will be returned.  Back to Lenovo for me.

The shocking thing is that this is a HUGE PROBLEM with no answer.

cts519
6 Indium

SoapBox:

If you are experiencing this problem, PLEASE post in this forum.

Dell needs to know how huge a problem this is.

8 Krypton

The shocking thing is that this is a HUGE PROBLEM with no answer.

It seems that many people have solved it by turning off the power management on the wireless adapter. That's been "the answer" for most of the people in this thread.

cts519
6 Indium

khisel :

You make it sound like that this is NOT a problem.

Disabling the wireless card function is a WORK AROUND...not a solution.  This should work out of the box.  Right?

Not every consumer can spend the time or feels comfortable in fixing the problem with this work around.

This is a clear and obvious problem.  How was it not detected during deployment of the product?

Again, for this product to go out retail (Best Buy) speaks to the level of Dells quality today.

Last, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a customer figure out the work around an not Dell?  This problem has been known for a few months now with no fix.

Do I sound upset?  I am...along with many, many other customers.

8 Krypton

You make it sound like that this is NOT a problem.

Disabling the wireless card function is a WORK AROUND...not a solution.  This should work out of the box.  Right?

It might be a "work around" but you are not disabling the wireless card, just an option that is almost never used. Sure, it's a screw-up but I am willing to cut Dell a little slack on this. The "workaround" shouldn't dampen your enjoyment of the product in any way. You've already been told by Dell that they are aware of the problem and have elevated it. In the meantime, just unclick the option, enjoy your laptop and wait for the update that will probably be soon posted to their web site.

cts519
6 Indium

khisel:

Dell should have this work around as a urgent fix then on there Dell Support Center App.

Better yet, how about making there tech support aware of the work around instead of having me reinstall the OS and a bunch of other nonsense.

You are right khisel...It is a "screw up"...Big time.

Dell was not like this in the past.

aezada
1 Nickel

Yup, got the same problem. Thought I'd just add a post to this pseudo-pettition (spelled wrong cuz I can't actually use the word for some reason...) forum to Dell... Hope everyone's laptops work okay soon!
comrobo
1 Copper

japp the same thing............
comrobo
1 Copper

but ......you know...............with this "patch", when my laptop is off the wireless card still on, and it continue consuming battery energy, i know that because my laptop is new and the next day the battery is in 94% and before this "patch", the battery always in 100%.

so........... DELL?