Re: Help! My new Dell Studio XPS 13 Laptop keeps on freezing up!

Hello Everyone! Hello Bill! And please HELPPPPP!!!!

I bought a Studio XPS 1340, here in Colombia, a 1500 USD dolars laptop in 2nd april 2009.

After 15 days the first problem: Blue Screen and freeze up. Ok? We use windows we know the failures, sometimes happens. Ok, reboot and start to use again.

One month later, I start the windows and every text wasn't show, I couldnt click in anything. Ok we have to format the computer: lost of data. But Ok I still have the photos of my exchange beginning in my camera. I couldn't contact the dell support because they havent chat support in Latin America, and my apartment didn't have phone, once this is a student residence and everyone uses Skype to communicate with family.

2 weeks later, blue screen and freeze up. Ok I didn't have to format, it isn't a big problem.

2 weeks later, windows starts and couldn't find any information out of windows system, for example: Mozilla Firefox, "the system wasn't able to find tehe C:/......"Ok Format again. Maybe it could do de backup before this time? Yes it seems to be working, and when I connect the External HD again we the system is formated: Surprise MY ENTIRE EXTERNAL HD WAS ERASED!!! Cool so I couldnt use my 1500 dolars pc and it also erase all my backup!

1 week later: freeze up and blue screen again. I cannot belive! Ok I called the Dell support from my internship office, in my worktime. We install the a07 bios update, reinstall all the vista and all the drivers. Ok finally, maybe is the bios right? NO. THE NEXT DAY, IN THE MORNING BLUE SCREEN AND FREEZING! I COULDNT BELIEVE!

I CALL THE CUSTOMER CARE TO HAVE A REFUND OR SOMETHING, THE ANSWER: THE ANSWER YOU COULDN'T HAVE A REFUND AFTER  7 DAYS OF RECEIVEING, EVEN WITH YOU SPEAK WITH MICHAEL DELL. You have to go to technical support again!

With the technical support: Running all tests, everything passed. Running in Windows safe mode. Nothing.

The technical support answer: Oh with the system pass in  these tests is a problem of applications and Dell is not responsable for it. OOOOOhhhhh so I bought a 1500 usd laptop that cannot run common softwares as: Mozilla Firefox, Itunes, Skype made to run in Vista.

What I have to do to fix my problem or have my money back????

PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos