kleidi
1 Copper

Re: XPS 1340 Locking Up + nvstor64 Errors

Hmmm....

I had a look at the A00 file, but the IDE drivers in there seem to be 32bit (nvstor32.sys), and I'm running W7 x64.

What I did was to uninstall the driver from device manager(it asked me if I wanted to uninstall the software and I uninstalled that, too) and let windows install its default drivers Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller. Run a windows assesment test and I was getting the same results. I did not go the way to banchmark the HDD speed and performace but looks like I have lost nothing by unistalling the driver. Now to install the x32 driver on my x64 system i dont know. I am a bit reluctant.

DELL can you please stop using nVidia motherboard chipsets. They are good only at graphics and stick with the Intel chipsets (never had a problem with those before).

If anyone finds a better solution to nvstor64, please let us know.

In the mean time, thanks to the contributors and a special thanks to the original solution by UncleScooby

Installing A00 put an end to my nvstor64 errors; there are no, zero, ziltch nvstor64 errors in my Admin Event Viewer log since i installed A00. if you're as frustrated as i was, it's worth trying... good luck getting Dell to acknowledge this fix.  it simply will not happen.

0 Kudos