csf1701
1 Nickel

Re: Latitude E6420 Can't find some driver!

Thank you!!  That worked, the is an unkown device still but the control vault item is working now, I was able to update it to the most up to date firmware as well.

Would you happen to know why the system is showing only 3.88 Gig of RAM is usable when it is a 64 bit OS?  I wanted to increase the RAM to 8 Gig but don't want to waste the money if there is some reason it won't work.  Is there something I have to set in the BIOS?  Again thank you for the help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alex_Shattuck
1 Copper

Did you upgrade from a version of 32bit?

0 Kudos
csf1701
1 Nickel

Yes, it was a 32 bit that was on there before Win 7 32

0 Kudos
faizalenu
2 Iron

1) A 32-bit OS can only address 4GB or memory

2) I believe the O2M driver is under the "Drivers for OS Deployment"

3) For broadcom USH drivers, you want to install the firmware then the drivers under DDPA/Data Protections.

0 Kudos
Xander_25
1 Copper

Sometimes, due to the type of graphics processor the laptop has, memory has to be allocated from the available physical ram for it. This is most likely the reason why you see 3.88GB instead of the full 4GB. Adding more ram would not be an issue and would be definitely seen by the OS, you would just have access to 7.88 instead of 8GB which would not impact on the system's overall performance.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
mushuweb
1 Copper

0 Kudos
tkadi
1 Copper

Hi, I think I found a solution to one of your problems, namely the mass storage controller

for windows 7

it is

Hard-Drive - O2Micro-_OZ600XXX-Memory-Car_A01_R300787.exe

hier is the link

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/GetDriver/OtherFileFormats/Product/latitude-e6420?driv...

Tags (1)
faizalenu
2 Iron

Broadcom USH is the security driver.  It will either be under Control Vault, Security, or Dell Data Protection.  You have to may have to install the firmware first.

0 Kudos