Emilie2011
1 Copper

Laptop 1545 won't start up past the Dell welcome page- Black screen with "_" blinking in top Left corner F8 won't work at all to restore or safe mode.

Monday morning- Screen pops up saying my laptop wasn't shut down right. That it had to run a test to shut it down normal- Test took about 3hrs to complete.

After test I could get on like normal then once I shut it it shut down and didn't get back on till later that night only to find I CAN"T get past the  Black screen of death- the black screen with the "_" in top left corner. I've restarted it a lot to see if it would just turn on like normal with no luck. I CAN"T press F8 without having it beep at me I can only get into F2 and F12 and that is it. I know my battery is crap has been because it won't charge. I also Sunday night uploaded from malware bites web page a free download refreash virus protection again. Because somehow it went missing a few weeks before I did find that night I had to big viruses that I did get taken care of which were both trojans. I did get onto google.com a few times that night with having problems when trying to open the new window in a new tab- Fire Fox.- My mother also said her down stairs computer desk top was doing the same with google the day. So I'm wondering what is going on with everything. I've tried to get a email for tech support but no luck because they say that they don't do anything with my model number- which is only 2-3 yrs old. I've got a lot saved on the computer but can't get inside at all.

I need help getting something done I don't have any of the cds that come with the laptop. I do but somewhere I can't find them. I was reading others have this problem and have seen it could be from power ac adapter to mother board to just over heating- and of course a virus... I need to get this fixed asap. But just can't seem to get into safe mode or even restart the whole system-

I did do a virus scan Sunday night after deleting Big Fish games which I never used. I just can't find out what the heck happen.

Thanks,

0 Kudos