RE: GPU Temperature 103C on Latitude E6420
1. Ensure you have the latest BIOS installed. Dell has changed the thermal curves for the fan in recent bios updates.
Where in the world did you hear about Dell changing thermal curves in recent BIOS updates? The latest BIOS is A12 which was released before you posted this message and since I have checked A12 update log, there is no information indicating your above statement. Actually there is nothing close in all of BIOS updates for E6420 starting from A03. I have aggregated all update logs and here is what I have got:
1. Added support for Full Disk Encryption (FDE) Hard Drives.
2. Updated Intel ME Firmware to 220.127.116.118.
1. Added support for Signed Firmware Updates.
2. Additional vPro support. Added DASH ‘PLDM for BIOS Control and Configuration?
3. Updated the Password Bypass feature.
4. Fixed issue where the system would not reboot the first time after disabling the Integrated NIC in Setup.
5. Addressed issues with the 'Auto-On Time' Setup field.
6. Fixed issue where a UEFI OS install would fail with greater than 8GB of memory.
7. Addressed intermittent boot issues in ATA mode.
8. Fixed issue in ATA mode where unaligned memory accesses would fail. 9. Fixed issue where the BIOS would reboot instead of flashing when the /S parameter
was used with the flash executable.
10. Fixed issue where the error log data from the previous POST would show up if you shut down the machine at the F1/F2 prompt.
11. Fixed issue where the IDT audio device would not appear in device manager when running a UEFI OS.
12. Updated to the MOB_P_08 version of the Intel microcode patch.
13. Updated to the 1.3.72 version of the Intel PXE OROM.
14. Updated to the 4208 version of ePSA diagnostics.
1. Addressed CD boot issues.
2. Addressed Hard Drives hang issue in AHCI mode.
3. Addressed Hard Drives encryption issue in ATA mode.
4. Fixed issue where the MAC address would be incorrect after disabling the Integrated NIC in Setup.
5. Added support for Signed Firmware Update Transition BIOS.
6. Updated to the MOB_P_11 version of the Intel microcode patch.
7. Updated to the 1.2.0 version of Intel System Agent reference code.
8. Updated to the 1.2 version of Intel PCH Reference Code.
9. Updated to the 18.104.22.168 version of Intel PPM Reference Code.
1. Fixed issue where Intel Turbo boost non-functional.
2. Fixed issue where TDM PBA SSO doesn't work when both FP and TDM PBA SSO are set for single user.
3. Addressed some keyboard with USB Hub not accessible during POST.
4. Updated to the 1.4.0 version of Intel PPM Reference Code.
5. Updated to the MOB_P_13 version of the Intel microcode patch.
6. Intel Trusted Execution Technology updates
7. Updated to the 1.05 version of Dell GPE.
8. Added new key for Signed Firmware Updates.
Note: 1. Please note that if the A04 or before A04 BIOS is currently installed on your system, you must first update to A05 BIOS and then flash to the latest A-rev BIOS.
1. Updated to the 1.3.81 version of the Intel PXE OROM.
2. Updated to the 22.214.171.1247 version of the Intel MEFW.
3. Updated the DellFlashUpdate feature.
4. Addressed boot order change issue.
1. Addressed LAN cable disable wireless LAN issue.
2. Addressed UEFI OS boot and hibernation issue.
3. Addressed F12 administrator boot options issue.
4. Fixed the issue where UEFI OS hang during installation when fastboot is minimal.
5. Fixed the issue where Dell Wireless Keyboard can't work in BIOS.
6. Updated to the 126.96.36.1991 version of the Intel MEFW.
1. Addressed some hard drives detection issue.
2. Added to support a new Bluetooth device.
3. Updated to the 188.8.131.526 version of the Intel MEFW.
4. Updated to the MOB_P_21 version of the Intel microcode patch.
5. Address the serial device not recognized issue.
6. Updated to the 75.19.17.01.05 version of the nVidia VBIOS.
7. Added to support a new panel.
1. Addressed F12 administrator boot options issue.
2. Addressed no external video during POST when docked.
1. Addressed long delay before Pre-Windows Login with Full Disk Encryption (FDE) Hard Drives in AHCI mode
2. Addressed IDE-R issue in ATA and AHCI mode.
3. Addressed no external video during POST with some external monitors.
4. Fixed issue where touch panel would fail if you boot through F12 boot menu.
5. Updated to the 75.19.6A.01.01 version of the nVidia VBIOS.
- Not Applicable
- Updated to the 4220.11 version of ePSA diagnostics.
- Updated to the 184.108.40.2068 version of the Intel MEFW.
1. Updated to the 1.5.33 version of the Intel PXE OROM.
2. Addressed Trusted Execution issue with CCTK on non-TPM configuration.
3. Addressed extenal USB keyboard LED abnormal issue.
4. Addressed UEFI OS fail boot with HDD password present issue.