Jim Coates
5 Osmium

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 internal microphone

I believe that driver was listed by jimco in the first response to your original post

Hi tazman171. The original poster who started this thread was "janderson055", who had a problem after installing Windows 7. The person you have replied to is "ablast" who installed Windows 8. So you are correct that it is the same driver, but different people. Thanks for posting.

Ablast, thank you too for posting. I will add to my database that the driver works with 8.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
tazman171
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 internal microphone

Oops, I re-read the posts and still missed that, sorry. emoticon.Embarrassed.title

0 Kudos
belkin22
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 1525 internal microphone

Hi there, im having the same problem with my dell 1525.... i've been following your instruction up to this point  however i cannot find the drop-down arrow next to the audio source     u had referred to in point 5 below

5. In the lower right-hand corner of the Dell Webcam Center window, click the drop-down arrow next to Audio Source and click Digital Mic to enable the microphone. (On some models click Microphone/Line-in>More>Microphone Array Sigmatel.)

this is how my dell webcam center window looks... i dont see any drop down arrow ... please help jim coates

thanks!

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
5 Osmium

Hey.

I am sorry but I don't have any additional help about Webcam Center. (I have Webcam Central that has a mic icon on the Recorded Videos pane). The instructions I put in the above post for Webcam Center came years ago from a Dell moderator named Rollie, who wrote:

"Open the Dell Webcam Center, and look for Audio Source in the bottom right corner.  Click on Microphone/Line In and then go to More, and select Microphone Array (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC).  Once the Audio Source says Microphone Array (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) then the microphone should be active."

I guess I would try approaching it from the Sound properties side. Open the recording tab of the Sound properties and if the mic array is not there then right click in the blank white area and select to show disabled and disconnected devices (in Vista or 7). If the internal mic is installed, working, and has a good connection, maybe it could be enabled that way.

0 Kudos
belkin22
1 Copper

Hey no worries, i got it fixed! i downloaded the  IDT R261324 drive and it solved my problem. Thanks for taking the time out to reply:)

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
5 Osmium

i got it fixed! i downloaded the  IDT R261324 drive and it solved my problem.

Thanks for sharing that solution. I am putting in a link to the IDT R261324 (6.10.0.6267, A18) driver in case anyone else with an Inspiron 1525 wants to try it.

Note: it is an audio driver for certain Studio laptop models. It runs on Vista and Win7 operating systems only, not XP.

0 Kudos
belkin22
1 Copper

now that i got one problem fixed there is another problem:( there is a constant beeping sound... when im on a skype call or recording my friend on the other end complains of this beeping sound. I tried skype test call to see what he was talking about , so i recorded my self and on play back i heard that constant beeping  he was talking about.... is there anyway solution to this?

0 Kudos
belkin22
1 Copper

i have the same (dell 1525) running on windows 7 .i FINAALLLLY  fixed my problem, click on the link an download  that driver... it should fix ur prob too

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=THWYG

0 Kudos
belkin22
1 Copper

so with that driver that i had downloaded ( IDT R261324 (6.10.0.6267, A18)) for my dell 1525 running on window7 ,  there was a CONSTANT BEEPING SOUND my reicpient would hear whenever i was on a skype call or recording, i however fixed this problem by downloading  the DELL 1526 Sigmatel audio driver  found in the link below AND IT FIXED MY PROBLEM.
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-1525?driverId=9G1FV&osCo...
0 Kudos
k0a1a
1 Copper

I just solved this issue.

Search DELL site for drivers (tab "Help and Support") by "92HD73C1".
It finds about 30 entries for Alienware laptops, but one entry mentions Inspiron too: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=NWM04

IDT 92HD73C1 Audio Driver

This package provides the IDT 92HD73C1 Audio Driver and is supported on the Inspiron and XPS Notebook models that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: Vista and Windows 7.

Version

Version 6.10.0.6217, A15

Consider A15, this is BIOS version I presume.
I had A11 so I decided to upgrade to the latest A17 before installing this driver.

Then I installed driver package R226903.exe and my microphone array works well in Win 7 x64 on Inspiron 1525 now.

Just to mention, there is later version of this driver to download: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G11FC

However the description contains no word about Inspiron, BIOS version is A18 i.e. greater that the latest one available for Inspiron, and when I tested it on A11 BIOS it did not work. I decided to not re-test after I upgraded BIOS to A17 and then installed R226903... never touch a running system, you know.

0 Kudos