Re: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver for 7720 inspiron 17r special edition
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. The driver for USB 3.0 is not available as Windows 8 includes native support for USB 3.0.I will recommend you to re-install chipset drivers:
- Click on 'Start ‘and right click on 'My Computer'.
- Click on 'Manage' and click on 'Device Manager'.
- Expand 'Universal Bus Controller' and right click on each entry named as 'USB Root Hub' and click on 'uninstall'.
- Once done, restart the system and install Chipset drivers from both the links:
Steps to install a driver:
- Click on 'Download File'.
- Select 'Single-file download' and click on 'Continue'.
- Click on 'Save' and save the driver on the desktop.
- Right click on the driver from the desktop and select 'Run as administrator'.
- Install the driver following the on screen instructions.
- Restart the system after the installation is done.
Update the BIOS in case the issue is not resolved:
- Click on the link: http://dell.to/12zxqbA
- Click on 'Download Now'.
- Select 'Single-file Download' and click on 'Continue'.
- Click on 'Run' and follow the on screen instructions.
Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.
Thanks and Regards,
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6