RE: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver for 7720 inspiron 17r special edition
Please throw more light on Laptop bought on Ebay, sold as New with fault. Do you mean to say that the USB ports were non-functional ever since you bought it. And were you aware about this before purchasing the computer?
Yes, it is true that Dell ships recovery partition from the factory itself. If it was deleted by the user, then whenever you install Dell Backup and recovery program on the computer, a new recovery partition will be created. So, the three partitions showing now is normal.
Try uninstalling USB Root Hubs from Device Manager.
- Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’
- From the list, look for ‘USB Root Hub’
- Right click, choose ‘Uninstall’, choose ‘Ok’
- Uninstall all ‘USB Root Hub’ listed
- Wait for all the drivers to get uninstalled
- Restarted the computer
- Restarting the computer will install ‘USB Root Hub’s automatically on the computer
Also, ensure that Windows updates are up-to date.