edsonaguiar
1 Nickel

RE: Battery has experienced permanent failure

Simply like that? There is not anything else I can do???

Edson Aguiar

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

If there is no other symptom present -- such as failure to power up at all, or failure to recognize the AC adapter, then it's the battery that's at fault and the solution is to replace the battery.  Yes, it is that simple.

0 Kudos
DOsmond
1 Copper

I have an Alienware M17X R2 with this same error.  I replaced the battery and the battery is now fully charged.  But the boot still indicates a permanent error.  How do I clear the error?

0 Kudos
jaredbrown85
1 Copper

Try pulling the battery and holding power button for >30 seconds.

edsonaguiar
1 Nickel

You mean removing the battery and press the power button for 30 seconds?

Edson Aguiar

0 Kudos
Rdellsewaste
1 Copper

The sad thing is I have TWO Dell Inspiron 15R laptops so I have a comparison.

ONE equals a fluke, TWO is a pattern!

I guess these batteries are MADE to self destruct. Never buying a DELL computer again!!!

lebolossdu69
1 Copper

Yes, this is called planned obsolescence and I think Dell (like any other company) should be ashamed to use such a policy..

Nothing else to do than replace the battery... 80$. Or try to prove the obsolescence and sue the company, but good luck with that !

emoticon.SuperAngry.title

0 Kudos
rcsimon4299
1 Copper

I experienced the same problem, just days after installing Windows 10

dell warning quickset your battery expereinced a permanent failure and needs to be replaced. The system will power down when the AC adapter is unplugged. The power indicator light is blinking orange.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It is 1 yr and 8 mo old

0 Kudos
zubair004
1 Copper

Hi Kuldeep,

my laptop is showing this msg and red light is blinking. " Your battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced". I have updated BIOS system but facing same problem. I am able to open my laptop when power is connected and it is shut down when power disconnected.  plz suggest me the solution. Thanks.

0 Kudos
kirkd
4 Ruthenium

There is no conspiricy. These batteries have a finite life, depending on how many discharge/charge cycles and how low you let the battery discharge. Unless really necessary do not allow discharging below 30% or so. A battery contains a number of cells. If one cell has a slightly lower internal resistance than the others, it will experience a higher charging current and will age faster than the rest. A single bad cell will ruin the battery.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos