silkphoenix
1 Nickel

Re: Broadcom Network Card for Inspiron 6400

Hello  DELL-Sundeep B,

I went to your link and tried to install the driver. I received the following "error":

"Click Remove to remove Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller from your computer. After removal, this program will no longer be available for use. If you want to review or change any settings, click Back."

I clicked REMOVE. Another "error" came up:

"The wizard was interrupted before Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller could be completed installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."

Which I did and the same "errors" keep appearing.

I went to the Device Manager and the yellow "!" mark was still there. I chose "Update Driver", it searched for the driver in my laptop, and it found the driver, but then gave me the error "There was a problem installing this hardware: Ethernet Controller", An error occured during installation of the device. Access is denied"

I am the only log-in in my laptop and I am the only Administrator.

As of now, I have no idea what to do next.

I am currently using Wireless connection to get on line. But I am far away from the router and my connection is that good. So I would prefer to use Ethernet connection instead which I get much better signal and connection speed.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

PS: I have also uninstall the Controller, and when I reboot, my Inspiron 6400 reinstall the Controller again, that's when I tried the above steps to reinstall the driver.

Thank you.

0 Kudos