slalomstyle
1 Copper

RE: M4800 and Optimus?

I am not really focused on battery time, but need to be able to use the HD 4600 graphics due to one of my apps start behaving unpredictable (aka jumping objects while dragging as if x,y coordinates are calculated wrongly) when using the K2100M. Reducing resolution or switching physical monitor is not helping. Now, I uninstalled the nvidia driver and it fall back to "Standard VGA adapter". Installing the Dell supplied graphic driver for HD 4600 on x64 is not working "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". I have the strong feeling the K2100M is disabling the onboard graphics and hence the Intel driver won't install. One option I have in mind would be to physically remove the K2100M card. This should enable the HD 4600 and allow to install the driver. As this is quite a job it would be interesting to hear what others have to say about this . Would be shame having to sent back the machine just because of this. A plan C could be to instal an AMD card and see if my app works with that card of course.