RE: XPS L502X COLD FREEZES
I would suggest you to restore the system to factor state and check for issue resolution.Restoring the system to factory state will erase all your personal data. Please follow the steps mentioned below for performing the pc restore on a Windows 7 computer.
- Back up all the data from the computer before proceeding to next steps.
- Unplug all the devices including your printer, camera and memory stick.
- Restart the computer.
- Press the "F8" key repeatedly as soon as you see the Dell logo. Do not stop until you see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Press the down arrow and choose "Repair your computer." Hit "Enter."
- Select the keyboard layout "US" from the drop-down menu and click "OK."
- Log into your account as an administrator. Type in your password. Click "OK."
- Click "Dell Factory Image Restore" at the bottom of the options.
- Click "Next" in the window that opens.
- Click to check the box next to "Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition" to confirm and click "Next." This will generate an operation that will take about 45 minutes to complete. Click "Finish" when the process is complete to restart your computer.
Please let me know if this helps.