nondrak8
1 Copper

RE: Inpiron 15R 5537 - Bad game performance or unability to Sleep/Hibernate?

I found the solution in an older topic. I could not believe it works. Now I know where the problem is.

!!! LATEST VERSION INTEL VIDEO DRIVER (10.18.10.3308, A01) NOT WORKS WITH LATEST AMD DRIVER (13.151.0.0, A00) - THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR WHICH HD8850M DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Here is my modified instructions from Perrygogas:

1. Upgrade BIOS to A06.

2. Download (do not install yet) the drivers for Windows 8.1 from DELL's site (not from the manufacturers) for Chipset x 2 and Display x 2. These are the ones in the attached image. All drivers are the latest version expect for Intel video driver - you must download PREVIOUS VERSION (10.18.10.3277,A00), which works perfectly.

3. Uninstall Intel video driver and all AMD Catalyst software. You can use "Display Driver Uninstaller" in SAFE MODE - it is really good, simple and free program.

4. Restart Notebook.

5. Install all drivers EXCEPT the one for VIDEO_AMD - the first one in the image above.

6. Restart Notebook.

7. Check if the AMD device is still uninstalled (in Programs and Features) if not go to step 3.

8. Install the driver "Video_AMD....". This is the driver for AMD Radeon 8800M and above the first one in the image.

9. Restart Notebook.

10. AMD graphic should works now.

Tags (2)