Eleanor Baker
1 Copper

No Headphone or Speakers plugged - Though I have Internal Speakers

Hello,

The other day my laptop was being rather slow so I asked my friend for some help. She looked through my downloads and asked what something was and neither her nor I knew what it was. It had something to do with audio. She deleted it thinking it was contributing to the slowness of my laptop. Now, my sound does not work!! The speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner just has a muted symbol on it and when I scroll over it says " No headphones or speakers and plugged in" and if I click on it, it opens a window scanning saying it is detecting problems, which gave me hope because I thought it might detect a problem, but then it says "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."  I am bewildered after shutting it down turning it back on, restarting it three times and googling lots. This has happened a few times before but only almost months between when I just restart it and it goes back to normal, but this time restarting it did not solve the problem and the deletion of the unknown audio something download gives me some reason to think it can be contributed to that? ( I have Dell Inspiron with Windows 8.1, a 64-bit operation system, and x-64 based processor)

Thanks for any and all help!

Chow,

Eleanor Baker

0 Kudos