lionsroar
1 Nickel

RE: Precision M4800 : Input lag at log in, Switchable graphics not functioning, GPU fan "chirping" when it starts up.

I dont know how it is working for you, but my experiance with the "new" driver has not really been pleasent and promptly (withen 1 day) ended up removing the driver in favour of the AMD official one.

Issues happened with the new driver that it would not display any image on either the internal, or external screens if the computer was docked while off before starting it up.

I also connected the laptop to a projector via the VGA port on the back, and after that i could never get the computer to scale display resolutions again. It would zoom and distort any non-native resolution to fill the entire screen : ignoring both the intel and AMD settings on display scaling.

Upon the removal of the newest version of the driver, the opperation of these tasks returned to normal. I have sense blacklisted Dells Command Update to prevent it from even bothering to search for new drivers. I will just do it manually from now on.

Systems:

Primary AMD FX Desktop : AsROCK 970A-G/3.1, FX-8350 4.55Ghz@1.4v on air, RX580+ 8GB under clocked and undervolted (silent), 16GB Corsair Dominator Ram, MX100 512GB boot SSD, 525GB MX500 Program SSD, 525GB MX500 Game SSD, 2TB of Platter Drive Storage

Lenovo W520 :i7-2860QM, Quadro 2000M OC, FHD 95% Gamut Display, 16GB Ram, Dual 500GB SSD's
0 Kudos