RE: Vostro 15 3546 - Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered
I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.
Also, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.
- Click on Start button.
- In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
- Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.
- Now select properties.
- In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
- Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
- You want to delete the driver click OK.
After the uninstall finishes restart the system. After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver first and then Nvidia card driver (If system is configured with discrete video card) on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link above, select the operating system, and then download Video card drivers listed from Video section onto the system and install it.
Please let me know if this helps