Onkellauritz
1 Copper

RE: XPS 13 (2015) - Bluetooth Headphones won't reconnect

This worked for me:

- Press and hold the power button until the LED flashes red and blue, and the voice prompt says "pairing."

- To clear previous pairings from the headset, follow the instructions above to put the unit into pairing mode. While keeping the Bluetooth button pressed, hold in the multifunction button until the LED flashes purple 3 times and the unit goes back into pairing mode.

0 Kudos
Asserti
1 Copper

I found a solution.

My 2015 xps 13 9343 works best with this driver:

en.community.dell.com/.../19628249

It doesn't show up if I search for drivers for my particular laptop. And I know it says it's for windows 8.1. But i'm using it now and it's working fine on Windows 10. I disabled and enabled bluetooth on the laptop and it connected automatically to my bluetooth speakers.

Roger L Deal
1 Copper

Agree about avoiding Dell; I have been happy with them for about 30 years.  I bought an XPS 8900 with Windows 10 installed for $1,400, they have service for the first year.  Unfortunately I bought bluetooth headphones after the first year.  They PAIR and CONNECT but only for a few seconds; non-functional.  Same problem with DOSS Bluetooth speaker, Pairs, Connects, then Connect drops to Pair, no sound.  

I have deleted and reinstalled the bluetooth drivers several times, Control Panel says "This device is working properly".  However I found:  Device BTHENUM\Dev_104FA87FD979\7&30b4306a&0&BluetoothDevice_104FA87FD979 could not be migrated.   There seems to be no way to migrate it.   Obviously it was shipped new this way.    

Contacted Dell Support CHAT for help on bluetooth not working.  The only option is for $89 for a one time support valid for 72 hours, this is for basic support and if incase advance troubleshooting is required (likely) need to add $49.

0 Kudos
alokhine
1 Copper

Hi all!

I just registered because after several hours searching I finally found a working solution and I wanted to share it!

I tried everything else, mind you, even resetting BIOS. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me and its very simple:

1) Hit windows key, then type "control panel", click on Control Panel.

2) On the top right, switch "view by" to small icons, then select Troubleshooting

3) On the left, select View all, then click on Program Compatibility troubleshooter

4) Click next, the select "bluetooth". After a while, it will propose using Windows 8.1 compatibility settings for bluetooth, say yes.

5) Now remove your bluetooth device and re-pair it - it will take longer to pair because now it is actually working.

Hopefully this fixes your problem!

Apparently its not a Dell exclusive thing, but a more general Windows 10 flaw.

Best,

Alonso

sparksdls
1 Nickel

I had lots of Bluetooth problems with my XPS 13 9350 with the original Broadcom card.  I replaced it with the Intel 8260 and haven't had a single problem since.

0 Kudos
Tempo2020
1 Copper

I have the same issue with my xps 13 9350, it pairs but it will not connect to Bluetooth speakers or headsets, other type of devices seem to work. I have tried all suggested recommendations in this and other forums to no avail. It has to be something specific to Dell and these models, so you would expect better explanations and solution recommendations from Dell, but I haven't been able to find them.

Please address this Dell! It is so basic but annoying enough that it makes you regret the decision of having acquired this laptop.

0 Kudos