RE: inspiron 11 3147 touch screen stopped working
Try the steps below and let us know if issue persists.
1. "Press Windows" key +"C" to select the search option
2. In the search box type "Device Manager" and click on it.
3. Select the "Human Interface Devices", in that right click on "HID-compliant touch screen" and select "Uninstall"
4. It will display the warning message "you are about to uninstall this device from your system" click ok
5. Restart your computer and the driver should install on its own.
Check for the functionality and let me know if issue persists.