RE: Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks

Thanks for the updates.   I'm working with the engineering team on these docks and will certainly make them aware of your posts above.   I'll respond with further information as I have it.

A couple comments for now:

- For the fan noise, they are working to fine tune fan curves and thunderbolt chipset power management.   You'll see updates in future releases of the BIOS that should improve/resolve this.

- On the intermittent connectivity issues, please double check that all drivers, firmware and BIOS actually did update.   The easiest way to check driver version is from the desktop.   Right click on the start icon and then left click on Programs and and Features.   The driver version will be off the screen to the right but you can adjust column width to fit everything.   Compare this to the list posted in the first item in this thread to verify.   You can check BIOS version by running MSINFO32.   It might even be worth first uninstalling each driver, rebooting and then installing and rebooting in the required order.   I've seen situations where loading a newer driver over an older driver doesn't always work properly - some residual items must have remained behind from the older driver.   It should go without saying, but make sure you've downloaded all required drivers to your desktop before uninstalling network drivers and losing connectivity.

One other thing that I've seen personally and was also mentioned above - after updating everything, shut down your system and then power down/unplug the dock from both the system and the power source.   Then reconnect everything and power it back up.   

Thanks.