RE: Corsair RAM with Inspiron 5759
Thanks for the reply.
With the Corsair RAM in the laptop wouldn't boot. There was no activity execpt for the power LED flashing white then orange, I didn't even see the Dell Bios logo.
I bought the RAM as an upgrade 16gb is the max this laptop can take so I bought two 8gb modules.
The two 4gb RAM modules supplied with the laptop are back in now and it's been working fine with that installed.
I did notice that the current RAM is 1.35v and DDR3L the Corsair was 1.5v and DDR3 whether this caused the issue or not I don't know.
I've returned the Corsair RAM to Amazon and got a refund, I'm going to get some 1.35v DDR3L RAM and try that
- Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 Intel i7 8gb RAM Samsung 850 120gb EVO SSD (Linux)
- Dell Inspiron 410 Zino 8gb RAM OCZ Trion 100 120gb SSD (Win 10)
- Dell 17R 5759 Intel i7 16gb RAM Samsung 850 250gb EVO SSD (Win 10)
- Nexus 5x (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- ASUS Zenpad 3s 10 (Z500M) (Android 6.0 Nougat)
- Raspberry Pi 3 (OSMC, Raspbian & RetroPie)