RE: Connecting Dell Latiutude E6410 to HGTV

TomPotterco,

I think HGTV is a channel on the television. However, I think i understand you are wanting to connect your Laptop to your HDTV. Below are some tutorials that may help you get this setup. Your computer has an IEEE1394 4 pin connector as well as One 15-pins VGA video port  and One Display port. I do not know what connections your TV has. 

How to connect a laptop to TV: Connect laptop to TV via HDMI | Connect laptop to TV wirelessly | Con...

IEEE1394 to TV

Beginner Geek: How to Connect a Laptop to a Television

If your TV has an HDMI connection you can get a 

DP (DisplayPort) Male to HDMI® Female Adapter

DisplayPort is the newest digital display interface standard introduced by VESA. The format supports both digital video and audio. Here is a simple solution for connecting your DisplayPort equipped devices using HDMI® cables to your exisiting HDMI® devices. This simple adapter is all you need to convert from one format to the other.

Note: This is a passive adapter. While DisplayPort connectors are capable of passing an HDMI® signal, DisplayPort and HDMI® signals are basically different and not compatible with each other. This adapter does not actively convert a DisplayPort signal into an HDMI® signal. In order for this adapter to function properly, you must have a DisplayPort source device capable of producing and passing out an HDMI® signal through the DisplayPort jack.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos