jamcat23
1 Copper

RE: Dell WD15 dock NIGHTMARE! Anything can be done?

Same issue and THEN some!

Ordered an XPS15 along with the WD15 docking station a couple months ago.  Spent HOURS trying to get this thing to work solidly (updated all the drivers in the Dell recommended order) - Would recognize my external monitor, but would not consistently enable the Ethernet connection nor would the connected speakers work consistently.  Over an hour on the phone with Dell support to RE-install the exact same drivers I already installed in the exact same order.  Didn't really help at all.  I get the same screen shot you shared occasionally and IF I happen to reboot and get the Ethernet port to work, I feel like I've hit a slot machine jackpot in Vegas.  <sigh>  The tech support person who worked with me on driver re-installed, emailed me afterwards and told me to contact her directly if I continued to have issues.  Within 2 days, I emailed her the screen shot you shared and she replied that she would research and get back to me.  That was 5/22/2016....must be some hellacious research going on!  LOL 

Really....how difficult is it to get a docking station to do what it's supposed to do?!?!?!?  I guess it's time to open another support case with Dell.  Exactly how I like to spend my time after spending some serious $$$ on a laptop/docking station configuration. 

0 Kudos